Why should I consider a pre-paid Funeral Plan?
Not an easy decision to make, simply because it is not always easy to think about planning your own funeral. A lot of people avoid facing this issue altogether, but there are many reasons why a pre-paid funeral plan could be right for you.
Here are some basic facts which may help you to make up your mind:
• Stating your Funeral wishes in your Will is NOT binding upon your Executors.
• Often, people just do not know what their deceased relative or friend wanted.
• A Funeral Plan GUARANTEES that your wishes will be carried out and that the Funeral Director’s services will be paid for at no extra cost to your family.
• At a time of sadness, you will have relieved your family of financial and emotional burdens .
• Those you leave behind will remember your thoughtfulness.
• Savings in a Bank or Building Society or Insurance is just a sum of money. Your executors are NOT obliged to spend it on your funeral and there may not be enough.
• Your money is safe. It is held with the Funeral Planning Trust with HSBC Trust Company (UK) as custodian Trustee.
• The price of a Funeral Plan is in line with the cost of a funeral purchased today. Funeral costs, like everything else, will almost certainly continue to rise in the future.
• You can choose a Funeral to suit your requirements across a range of prices.
• You will receive a certificate which confirms the funeral you have chosen. It also specifies, if you wish, personal details such as religious requirements, gifts to charities in lieu of flowers, music etc.
• You will also receive a booklet which tells your family or executors all they need to know at the time of your funeral.
Which Plan is Right for you?
You can choose a funeral to suit your requirements across a range of prices or, you can pay by installments if you prefer.
Select a plan from the plan descriptions. We are happy to quote for alternative or extra services.
When you have paid for the Plan, a guarantee is issued confirming that the services of the Funeral Director will be provided as specified, when they are required. There will never be more to pay for these services.
Included in the price of the Plans are contributions for other necessary expenses or “disbursements” such as cemetery or cremation fees and Clergy fees if applicable. These amounts are based upon national averages and are increased regularly in line with inflation. So most, if not all of the costs will be covered however, they are outside of the control of Funeral Planning Services limited and cannot be guaranteed. Although the amounts covered are based upon cremation costs, they can be put towards a burial instead. If you wish to include a larger amount, simply add the extra cost to the price of the Plan. (NOTE – if you require burial, the cost of the grave plot is NOT included in the Plan price.)